Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Am I 2.0 Losing My Mind 2.0?

I don't know about you but I love what Web 2.0 is, but I hate the moniker that it was given. (Don't people normally try to stay away from .0 versions?)

What I hate more is how "2.0" is now being added to everything under the Sun 2.0.

To illustrate how ridiculous this is I decided to search for the most absurd use of 2.0. I started with Pizza 2.0 and figured I would work back from there when I found nothing. How wrong 2.0 was I? There are countless (definitely more than 2.0) relevant results in Google.


I don't know why but this really bugs me. Grrr! To me it reflects a laziness on the part of the people coming up with the ideas.

If you see more ridiculous uses of 2.0, please share. I'm sure that Pizza 2.0 pales in comparison to others (perhaps Itch Powder 2.0 or Feelings 2.0?)

(Note: No offence to RB and the RB 2.0 company vision)

No comments: